The sites mentioned are accessible and provide productive birding on good cross section of the avifauna of Bhutan.
• Phuntsholing. Habitats: Subtropical forests, river and sand banks. Altitude: 150-1,000 m. Best season, November to April.
• Chile –la. Habitats: Alpine meadow and high altitude forest. Best season, April-May and Summer.
• Thimphu. Habitats: Cool broadleaf forest, Blue Pine and river. Altitude: 2,300-2,700 m. Best season, Most of the year round.
• Tashithang and Damjee. Habitats: Warm broad and cool broad leaf forest and river. Altitude: 1,200-1,700 m. Best season, November –April.
• Puna Tsangchu. Habitats: Agriculture fields, scrubs and broad river valley. Altitude: 1200-1300. Best season, November, March-mid April.
• Phobjikha. Habitats: Glaciated marshy valley floor, agriculture fields and high altitude scrub. Best season, October-March.
• Zhemgang. Habitats: Warm broadlead and subtropical. Altitude 690-1850 m. Best season, October-April.
• Yotong La. Habitats: Cool broad leaf, fir and bamboos. Altitude 2400-3400 m. Best season, March-August.
• Sengor. Habitats: Fir and Hemlock. Altitude 3,800-3,050 m Best season, March-May.
• Namling. Habitats: Cool and warm broadleaf. Altitude 3,050-2050 m. Best season, March-May.
• Yongkola-Lemithang. Habitats: Cool and ward broadleaf. Altitude 2050-855 m. Best season, March-May.
• Kolri La. Habitats: Mixed evergreen broadleaf. Altitude 1,300-2,298 m. Best season, March-May.
• Bumdeling. Habitats: Warm broadleaf and river valley. Altitude 1,750-2,000m
To view Birding Site Map